The ARPES system is a customised multi-chamber UHV system for the investigation of physical properties (electronic band structure) of high temperature superconductors.
The system is designed for ARPES research. It consists of a moveable frame and four chambers. The frame allows precise positioning of the system in all three axes. Each chamber has its own dedicated pumping system with the exception of the Preparation chamber, which is connected to, and pumped via, the distribution chamber). The system can be easily extend in the future to add e.g. an MBE chamber.
The system is equipped with a high-resolution photoelectron spectrometer with exceptional parallel detection, enabling an energy resolution of 1.4 meV and an angular resolution of 0.2°.
The high precision 5-axis motorised sample manipulator in the analysis chamber is equipped with a He cryostat and a high precision sample distribution stage. A load lock and sample preparation chamber complete the system to form a rugged experimental station.
The manipulator allows angle-resolved measurements over 2 p steradian below 10K. The system is engineered to be controlled completely by a touch-screen menu. Sample manipulation inside the system is facilitated by a specially designed high precision transfer mechanism.
The surface analysis systems product line from PREVAC is based on highly flexible analysis tool optimised for XPS (ESCA), UPS, ARPES, ISS and AES measurements. The energy resolution of the hemispherical analyser is < 3 meV (FWHM at 2 eV pass energy). Additional to the spectrometer a versatile control software is delivered which stores the data in an open-standard format (JSON) and allows exporting the data into various other formats (hdf5, ini, txt), which are used by different standalone XPS evaluation programs.
Multi-technique photo emission UHV system for super resolution ARPES measurements with integrated MBE chamber.
System setup consists:
▪ Analysis chamber: base pressure 10-11 mbar range,
▪ Ultra high resolution photoelectron analyser with wide angle acceptance lens.
▪ PREVAC RMC50 monochromatic X-ray source
▪ High resolution and sensitivity LEED-AES spectrometer
▪ 5-axes manipulator with LHe cooling (open cycle) for analysis chamber
▪ MBE chamber: base pressure range 2x10-10 mbar
▪ 15kV electrostatic focused RHEED electron-source
▪ 4-axes manipulator with RES heating up to 1000 °C and LN2 cooling for MBE chamber
▪ Transferring system with load lock and storage chambers for 12 flag style sample holders
▪ Additional equipment: ion source IS 40C1, flood source FS 40A1, effusion cells, electron beam evaporator EBV 40A1, quartz balance QO 40A1 and others.
Customised multi-chamber UHV system dedicated for investigation of physical properties (electronic band structure) of high temperature superconductors.
A custom multi-chamber UHV system for the investigation of physical and chemical properties of novel catalyst materials.
The Ultra-high resolution Angle Resolved Photoemission Spectroscopy (ARPES) system.
Flag Style sample holder
- Analysis chamber with double mu-metal liner guaranteed residual magnetic field lower than 0,1 microTesla and base pressure range 5*10-11 mbar include:
- Load Lock chamber allows loading up to 12 Flag style sample holder
- Preparation chamber mounted on the top of analysis chamber which allows using one manipulator for both chamber, include:
- Storage Chamber including park mechanism for 12 Flag style sample holder
- Radial distribution chamber (UFO) for transferring the samples are transferred between chambers under UHV pressures